Who we are
“Us/our/we” means Akee’s/Phonetec (UK) Ltd., a company registered in England and Wales under the number 04374139 with registered office located at 114 Warren Farm Road, Kingstanding, Birmingham, B44 0QN
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store.
What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 2 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
What we share with others
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you; for example —
We include certain required information, such as name and shipping address, to third party shipping providers to fulfil your order.
We accept payments through PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
What rights you have over your data
While we store data which you have provided to us for the purposes of fulfilling orders, your data remains your property at all times. You can view your data by accessing the “MY ACCOUNT” section of the website.
You can delete your account at any time by logging into “MY ACCOUNT” and clicking the “DELETE MY ACCOUNT” button. You will be prompted to confirm by typing “DELETE” and your account will be immediately removed from our system. If you want to place new orders in the future you may need to create a new account to do so. Note: We may retain some data based on your purchases for the purposes of tax records and accounting. No user identifying information will be included.